Monday, June 27, 2011

Anime purchases/viewings you regret

There is no entertainment medium that can offer grade-A content all the time.  Anime is absolutely no different.  For all the fantastic content out there, there's a few series that just don't live up to their potential.  Either that, or they just stink from the first episode. I'm always willing to give any show a shot when it first starts, but if things continue to be miserable 5 episodes in with no signs of getting better, I usually have to bow out.

For me, there's very few things that are more furious than picking up a bad anime.  You can only do so much research before you have to jump in.  This was especially true in the days before anime played such a big role on the internet.  Now it's a bit easier to check out episodes of anime and read reviews before you actually decide to make a purchase.  Even with all that help, sometimes you'll hit a perfect storm of content that will lead you believe an anime is worth a shot when it's definitely not.


Now remember, this is my personal opinion, but I feel really let down with Tweeny Witches.  I remember reading a handful of reviews that were favorable enough for me to check out the series, but for the life of me I can't remember where I read them.  I know one of the reviews stated that things started out slow but picked up soon thereafter.  Unfortunately, I never found that to be the truth.  Now I have the DVDs sitting on my shelves, and they truly are the one big purchase that I regret everytime I see them.

What anime viewing or purchase do you wish you didn't take part in?  It's okay, air your dirty laundry.  We won't judge you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment