Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Old content, but new to me!

I've been a huge fan of Ghost in the Shell for many, many years now. I've seen the original theatrical release numerous times. I've also checked out the film sequel and the TV series as well. There's just so much to love about Ghost in the Shell, especially for those that are willing to put in some critical thinking time.

While I love the Ghost in the Shell series, I know others that really aren't into it. While my sister is open to watching any anime, she just didn't jive with Ghost in the Shell. She's tried the film a couple times, but by the end it just isn't her cup of tea. Sad indeed, but at least she gave it a shot.

While she may not enjoy it, that doesn't cloud her judgment when it comes to my interests. When Christmas was coming up, my sister was hunting down items that I might like. I'm quite easy to shop for, since my two big hobbies are very well known. I love games and anime, which lead her to the following purchase.


While I've seen the anime offerings of Ghost in the Shell, I've never actually read the manga. Now I'm quite curious to see just what's different in this version when compared to the film. Sure, this release may be very old news to most, but it's going to be a brand new experience to me!

What old manga/anime content are you just now enjoying for the first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment