Monday, January 23, 2012

Academy Awards 2012

Fashion at the 2012 Oscars proved to be daring with color-blocking, bustles and odd cut-outs. Here are my top picks. As always, I'll leave the bad and the downright ugly to


 






Claire Danes, nominated for best actress in a television drama for her role in Homeland, wearing J.Mendel.


Charlize Theron in Dior Couture. I wasn't totally thrilled by this, but she is making a lot of top-dressed lists for it, so I thought you all should see it if you haven't already.


Meryl Streep, nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama. I just had to include her. I absolutely LOVE her and all of her films! 



Zooey Deschanel in Prada. Another great example of the evening's color-blocking trend.


Rooney Mara, star of The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo, wearing Nina Ricci. Known for her fashion-forward style, Mara was one of the most daring examples of the new bustle trend of the night.


Evan Rachel Wood, nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Drama, wearing a gorgeous feathered gown by Gucci.










































No comments:

Post a Comment